- This event has passed.
Setting up Your Blog on WordPress
June 28, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Learn how WordPress can set you on the right path to building and managing a successful blog.
Presented by Scott Winterroth, Content Academy® Co-Founder & Instructor
About the Seminar
Do you have a great idea for a blog and want to share it with your friends, family and the world, but don’t know how to get it online? We recommend WordPress. WordPress is a content management system that was created by bloggers. It’s benefits include:
- Minimal effort to set up
- Professional look and feel
- Easy to post content
- Doesn’t cause you a headache to maintain
- Robust online publishing platform used by solo bloggers to media networks
In our Setting Up a WordPress Blog in-person seminar, we’ll provide you with a technical overview on setting up a blog using WordPress.org, the #1 open-source content management system.
This seminar will examine:
- Popular platforms for blogging
- Advantages and disadvantages to using a blogging platform, such as Blogger.com or Medium, or building your own blog with WordPress
- Tools required based on your long term goals
- How to build a blog launch plan
- Ideas and strategies for audience building
- How social media can help or hurt your blog
- From idea to influence, hard learned lessons from an experienced blogger
What to Bring
- Something to take notes
- Optional but recommended: A portable computer to start working on your project
What is Provided
- Knowledge and insight into optimizing your blog with WordPress
- Q&A Session
- Information on Content Academy
About the Instructor
In 2008, Scott Winterroth was introduced to WordPress while he was starting his first blog, CountryMusicChicago.com. Utilizing his journalism degree, PR experience, and photography skills, Scott managed to build an online community from scratch that quickly became a known resource for all things country music in Chicago. Along Scott’s Country Music Chicago journey, he quickly became enamored with WordPress, an open-source website content management system, and digital marketing tactics such as search engine strategy and content marketing. Scott quickly realized that when combined these tools can be very powerful for not only building blogs but also for marketing businesses online.
About Content Academy
Content Academy is a fresh new way to learn how the Internet ticks and stay connected to colleagues and peers who feed off of each others’ passion. We have ambitious plans to teach the world the ways of digital marketing, blogging, social media strategy, WordPress and much more.
Location & Directions
- Classroom at Stafford House – 332 S Michigan Ave #500, Chicago, IL 60604
- Parking (Grant Park Underground/SpotHero)
If you have questions about this Seminar or Content Academy®, please email us at [email protected].