- This event has passed.
Tactics for Selecting the Best WordPress Theme for the Job
February 1, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Your client has expectations and wants to use a particular theme. How do you set up a WordPress theme when you have no idea how the Theme actually works? Can you use the Theme your client chooses. Does the content fit within the theme’s vertical rectangle? Will the client’s logo fit the design?
As WordPress users look to break out of the content box, Themes are becoming more complex than ever, thanks to page builders and 3rd party Plugins.
We’ll explore the content needs of today’s WordPress user in 2017, and compare the tools to work them into your development workflow.
Find the red flags before you’re in too deep.
• Understand Themes are the templates
• A house divided – to theme or customize
• What you think versus what your client thinks
• Communicating the limitations of Themes
• What to charge for modifying a theme?
• How to approach every project when the client’s focus changes
• What if a client doesn’t really know what they want
Scott Winterroth will share his seven year freelance experience and give us tips and strategies he uses when providing WordPress support and training services. He often has to jump quickly into a Theme. He explains how to identify the client’s needs and explain why certain themes don’t work for a particular project.
As always, the doors at the Holiday Club open at 6. We use the 1st hour for networking, ordering and helping each other. The presentation will begin at 7 pm.