- This event has passed.
April 19, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$199
So you need a website and you’ve heard about this thing called WordPress… Now what? WordPress is the dominant player in the web building space, and gives you a fantastic platform for building a website and blog.
Content Academy’s WordPress Preflight in-person workshop will introduce you to setting up a WordPress website for the first time. Get up to speed as we explore how WordPress became the #1 open-source program for publishing content to the web.
In this workshop we show you:
- Really, what is WordPress?
- Introduction to Web Content Management
- How WordPress became the dominant player for building sites
- Web production before WordPress
- Where and how to set up a site
- Settle the issue of WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
- Web Hosting and Domain Names
- Negotiate the admin dashboard controls
- Configure the admin and user
- How WordPress works for you
The web demands content. Your WordPress website is the tool to create content.
Our workshops offer more than a lecture. Our experienced instructors provide you with opportunities to learn; by doing so you can apply your knowledge. Because we limit our participant size to eight people, you receive exclusive attention so you’ll achieve your personal goals. Arrive prepared to be involved and join the discussion throughout the two hour session.
Things happen, we get it! Please contact us as soon as possible if you’re not able to attend a prepaid workshop or event.
- If we cancel a class or workshop, you will receive a full refund
- If you cancel a class or workshop within two weeks of the class we will offer a full refund
- If you cancel within seven days of the class or workshop, you’ll receive a partial refund of 50%
- If you cancel within 24 hours or do not attend the class or workshop, you will not receive a refund