- This event has passed.
Planning Your WordPress Website
June 7 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Learn the steps it takes to setup a powerful website using WordPress.
Presented by Scott Winterroth, Content Academy® Co-Founder & Instructor
About the Seminar
Whether you’re starting a blog, an informational website or an e-commerce site, you need a content management system that is easy to develop and capable of presenting your information on any digital device. WordPress is the dominant player because it provides a dynamic platform for publishing content, without having to hire a programmer to simply manage site content.
In our Planning a WordPress Website in-person seminar, we’ll introduce you to WordPress and explain how to set up a website for the first time.
This seminar will examine:
- Introduction to web content management
- Web production before WordPress
- How WordPress became the dominant player for websites
- Where and how to set up a site
- Define the difference between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
- When web hosting and domain names come into play
- Negotiate the admin dashboard controls
- Configure the admin and user
- How WordPress works for you
What to Bring
- Something to take notes
- Recommend to bring a computer if you want to start working on your project
What is Provided
- Q&A Session
- Information on Content Academy
About the Instructor
In 2008, Scott Winterroth was introduced to WordPress while he was starting his first blog, CountryMusicChicago.com. Utilizing his journalism degree, PR experience, and photography skills, Scott managed to build an online community from scratch that quickly became a known resource for all things country music in Chicago. Along Scott’s Country Music Chicago journey, he quickly became enamored with WordPress, an open-source website content management system, and digital marketing tactics such as search engine strategy and content marketing. Scott quickly realized that when combined these tools can be very powerful for not only building blogs but also for marketing businesses online.
About Content Academy
Content Academy is a fresh new way to learn how the Internet ticks and stay connected to colleagues and peers who feed off of each others’ passion. We have ambitious plans to teach the world the ways of digital marketing, blogging, social media strategy, WordPress and much more.
Location & Directions
- Classroom at Stafford House – 332 S Michigan Ave #500, Chicago, IL 60604
- Parking (Grant Park Underground/SpotHero)
If you have questions about the Seminar or Content Academy®, please email us us [email protected].