- This event has passed.
WordPress Technical SEO Kickstart
June 21 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Learn how WordPress can help you optimize your search engine presence.
Presented by Scott Winterroth, Content Academy® Co-Founder & Instructor
About the Seminar
SEO Rule #1, always create great blog content intended for human consumption.
SEO Rule #2, make sure search engines can find your content.
Without WordPress, managing your website’s SEO meta can be complex and frustrating. Thanks to some trusted SEO plugins available for free, WordPress can provide a code-free way to optimize content so creators can leverage SEO optimization tactics on the fly.
In our WordPress Technical SEO Kickstart Seminar, we’ll examine the technical site optimization tactics that verify search engines can reach your site and how you can improve your overall site appearance in search queries.
This seminar will examine:
- How to incorporate your website into a marketing strategy
- Setup WordPress Google Analytics
- Dynamic sitemaps in WordPress
- Submit an XML sitemap to Google and Bing
- Optimize your blog or website for social media
- Integrate email and newsletter marketing
What to Bring
- Something to take notes
- Recommend to bring a computer if you want to start working on your project
What is Provided
- Knowledge and insight you can use to help improve SEO
- Q&A Session
- Information on Content Academy
About the Instructor
In 2008, Scott Winterroth was introduced to WordPress while he was starting his first blog, CountryMusicChicago.com. Utilizing his journalism degree, PR experience, and photography skills, Scott managed to build an online community from scratch that quickly became a known resource for all things country music in Chicago. Along Scott’s Country Music Chicago journey, he quickly became enamored with WordPress, an open-source website content management system, and digital marketing tactics such as search engine strategy and content marketing. Scott quickly realized that when combined these tools can be very powerful for not only building blogs but also for marketing businesses online.
About Content Academy
Content Academy is a fresh new way to learn how the Internet ticks and stay connected to colleagues and peers who feed off of each others’ passion. We have ambitious plans to teach the world the ways of digital marketing, blogging, social media strategy, WordPress and much more.
Location & Directions
- Classroom at Stafford House – 332 S Michigan Ave #500, Chicago, IL 60604
- Parking (Grant Park Underground/SpotHero)
If you have questions about the Seminar or Content Academy®, please email us at [email protected].